Deeper insight through combined CFD and process expertise
Gain insight into the flow or heat transfer behaviour of your process or design. InsPyro performs reliable CFD analysis to successfully understand occurring issues with the goal to find a suitable improved design.
CFD simulation specialists at your service
Rely on InsPyro’s CFD specialists to efficiently model geometry, specify boundary conditions, run CFD simulations, interpret the results, and formulate practical recommendations.
Predicting the hydrodynamics and thermal behaviour
InsPyro runs ANSYS Fluent software to model, predict and analyse flow and heat transfer. Alternatives are CFX or OpenFOAM. Using these renowned simulation tools, our specialist reveal the hydrodynamics of gas flows, chemical aqueous or organic liquids, and even liquid metal, slag, and dust laden gases. Heat conduction, radiation, and convection models are included to study and optimize heat transfer problems.
CFD key to improve process performance
Using the insight acquired, the process or design can be improved further to increase economics and establish a healthier working environment. As heat transfer is often a key driver in process capacity, improvements can have a large impact on profitability. Similarly, solving flow and pressure loss bottlenecks can allow for cost savings or capacity expansion.
CFD analysis can resolve a range of process issues:
- Improve mixing to avoid dead zones and increase reaction kinetics
- Modify hood and ventilation design to minimise excessive dust, influencing worker hygiene
- Change burner positions to optimise heat distribution, thus thermal efficiency, refractory wear, or energy consumption
Some examples are presented in more detail in the following application notes:
- Optimizing the design of a gas cyclone to improve the particle collection efficiency
- Improving the heat distribution in a furnace
- Redesigning a lead refinery stirrer for optimal mixing and injected gas residence time
Thanks to their combined expertise in the applications as well as in the physical basis of CFD, InsPyro specialists provide more valuable insight. They provide well-founded analysis results and actionable conclusions in the shortest time possible.
This information allows for efficiently resolving specific issues and realize performance improvements in your processes, or make quick changes to your product design without extensive testing iterations.
Offered as an extra InsPyro service
CFD Analysis is complementary to:
- InsPyro services focusing on thermodynamic aspects of processes (consultancy, support, simulation, monitoring, training, etc.)
- Spark simulation software calculating the thermodynamic reaction results without requiring expensive metallurgical experiments or trials in the process
Contact us for more information.