InsPyro provides courses on materials science, metallurgy, process modelling (e.g. METSIM) and CFD. We regularly organize courses at our offices in Leuven, Belgium. Keep an eye on this page or subscribe to our newsletter to receive course announcements.
For groups at companies, we provide custom training on location ranging from basic metallurgical principles up to advanced thermochemistry. The audience can be engineers, operators, or commercial professionals. Contact us to define your training project.
05-08 October 2020
METSIM is the world standard in flowsheet modelling for mining and metallurgy. InsPyro will host a METSIM course online (Western Europe timezone). Topics include basic model set-up up to advanced and dynamic features. The course has a modular set-up, so participants can select the most relevant topics.
- Introduction to METSIM
Basic APL Commands, Simple Flowsheeting, Chemistry & Controls
- Comminution Module
Crushing/Screening, Particle Sizes, Grinding/Classification
- Hydrometallurgical Flowsheeting
Leaching, Solvent Extraction, Electrowinning
- Pyrometallurgical Flowsheeting
Smelting, Chemistry, Dynamic Simulation, Batch Processing
Feel free to contact us for separate training if this time does not fit. To register or for more information, contact Els Nagels via email or call +32 16 298 492.
- Leuven, Kapeldreef 60 or online
- Daily 09:30-16:00
- 450€ per day per person
1600€ per person for 4 days
Course program – Autumn 2020
NEWS: The April course is postponed to autumn 2020. Our newsletter will keep you updated on the new planning!
Our yearly organised course program is given in English and aims at people active in the metal processing industry. The course can be a refreshment of the metallurgical principles for engineers, or give hands-on metallurgists a solid theoretical background. There are 5 modules:
- Introduction to thermodynamics – Principles, reactions, visualisation
- How to read a phase diagram I – Metallic systems and microstructure
- How to read a phase diagram II – Slag and matte
- Hydrometallurgy – Overview of processes and flowsheets
- Pyrometallurgy – Overview of processes and flowsheets
For more information, contact Els Nagels via email or call +32 16 298 492.
- 450€ per day per person
1950€ per person for 5 days
group discounts apply, contact us directly
CUSTOM MADE COURSES
InsPyro provides tailor made courses for your specific metallurgical process. Please contact us for more information.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM TOPICS
- Basics of materials science: process-structure-properties
- How to read a phase diagram – basic level
- How to read a phase diagram – advanced level
- Introduction in thermodynamics: from theory to practice
- Quantitative metallurgy: sampling, measuring, interpretation
- Thermodynamics in iron- and steel production
- Thermodynamics of primary or secondary lead production
- Metal-slag-matte equilibrium (lead production, copper production)
- Flowsheet modelling with METSIM
- Computational fluid dynamics